I 192 and Canada record suspension

Jasoninpeiposted 1 month ago

I had 4 waivers in the past, 1,and three 5 year ones. My current one expired last spring. I have since received a record suspension in canada.
In the past, I used to have to provide the court documents but now they don't exist. I was getting mixed responses. One customs guy said I needed to provide a copy of the previous court documents (I do have a copy) and also needed to provide some sort of a letter from the court explaining why I don't have a current copy of the court documents. Wouldn't a copy of the pardon provide this reason?
Anyone know what i need to do with this?

Replies (recent first):

I do have a copy here

Jasoninpei replied 1 month ago   #2


For everyone who does their own waivers.....don't ever hand in original court documents. They need to see COPIES. In Ontario, you cannot get court documents for summary convictions after 15 years, and indictable after 40 years.

Yes, you can use the letter that says "the court documents cannot be obtained", but court documents do not change. If you were convicted of selling cannabis in 1999, that court document is not going to change over the years.

A copy of the pardon is ONLY useful for showing what the record USED to look like, and explaining why the record is now blank.

J Rogers replied 1 month ago   #1

Reply to this thread

There is no need to “register”, just enter the same name + password of your choice every time.

Pro tip: Use to add links, quotes and more.