Possible to permanently move to USA with a waiver?

Mannysinghposted 3 weeks ago

I was pardoned in Canada. I know a pardon means nothing in the US. I have a US waiver so I can travel to the US without issue.

Is it possible to permanently move to the USA? Will they ever allow me considering my record in Canada?

What are my options?

Replies (recent first):

J Rogers - sorry didn't see your reply until now. That is great news.

So easiest thing to do is get married to her lol. Feel like her and I should be on '90 day fiance' :)

Mannysingh replied 3 weeks ago   #4


You can absolutely get a green card. The only difference for you vs someone without a waiver is you will be asked to file an I-601 an "immigrant" waiver.

My suggestion is do a "K-1" visa (fiance). Then once its granted, you have 90 days to move and make the marriage official. If you mess that up somehow, then you can do a spousal visa instead.

i have many clients who went on to green cards after doing waivers initially.

J Rogers replied 3 weeks ago   #3

Hey Michelle! Thanks... I was worried that it wouldn't be possible.

I am a Canadian citizen. When you say lengthy process... how long are we talking about? FYI, my GF is in USA but we are not married.

Mannysingh replied 3 weeks ago   #2

@Mannysingh..the answer is yes..I have a client who has both a Pardon and Waiver who is engaged to a US citizen..It is a lengthy process..I suggest u hire a Immigration lawyer from the US or a Immigration lawyer in Canada who specializes in this..Also it would help if u r a Canadian citizen..

Michelle replied 3 weeks ago   #1

Reply to this thread

There is no need to “register”, just enter the same name + password of your choice every time.

Pro tip: Use to add links, quotes and more.