Welcome to the new i-194 Waiver Forum
We wanted to take a moment to welcome everyone to our new forum. New here? Take a moment and start with the About section at the top of this page. Already a forum member? We know that the switch...
19 replies
Recommendations on where to apply.
Will be placing my application shortly and was wondering if it is faster waiver processing time to go to a pre-clearance centre like at the Calgary airport or directly to the Port of Entry.?have...
Card stapled to passport for overseas travel
A card is stapled to your passport upon approval of the waiver application. When travelling to Europe, does anyone have any info on what is involved and how this card is processed with the...
1 reply
Fingerprint locations?
seen a list somewhere and I can't remember where. i need to get my waiver started asap. anyone know where the fingerprint locations are in ottawa?
1 reply
Do I need a visa application?
I had a criminal record and I used Pardons Canada to get it sealed. I am wondering if I am going to need a US waiver to go state side. I've haven't been to the US in about 15 years. Does anyone...
1 reply
proof of ties to Canada
been asked to provide proof of ties to Canada. i rent so i can't use mortgage or anything like that. what do they need?
2 replies
phone number for edmonton preclearance
hey everyone great idea this forum. I'm looking for the number for the preclearance at the edmonton airport.
1 reply

Start a new discussion thread

There is no need to “register”, just enter the same name + password of your choice every time.

Pro tip: Use to add links, quotes and more.

(Quit your browser or clear the browser cache to sign out.)

Only registered users can post.
No new registrations are allowed.

You need to enter the title of your new discussion thread.

Enter a name. You’ll need to use this with the password each time.

Enter a password. It’s so you can re-use your name each time.

Well, write a message!

That name is taken. Provide the password for it, or choose another name. (password typo?)

Welcome to the I‑194 Waiver Forum

A discussion forum for any Canadian who has been denied entry into the United States because of criminal record, having overstayed a previous visit to the U.S., an infectious disease, or other reason. Applying for and receiving a US entry waiver is a simple process that you can complete yourself. It requires documentation, fingerprints, completion of the I-192 waiver application form and an interview at a pre-clearance or US border facility. Current filing fees are $585 / $930 US. This US I-194 waiver is typically granted for temporary visits to the USA for between 1-5 years (5 years is the maximum).

Update: As of Mid-2019 you can file and pay Form I-192 application online using the Electronic Secured Adjudication Forms Environment (e-SAFE).

Popular discussions

Sub Forums

Recently online

J Rogers